Wednesday, July 12, 2006

swimming

On the weekend we discovered a great new place to take Echo to swim! It's hard to believe that we've been living in this city for so long, and probably see more of it than many people due to our biking around everywhere, but we totally didn't know about the dog offleash area at Cherry Beach.

Martin and I had a lovely walk along the beach, with a view of Leslie Spit, while Echo swam back and forth, ever hopeful that she might catch a fish. Next time I'll bring the camera and get some shots.

There was one Chocolate Lab who was so funny to watch! Her guy would throw a 'unique' rock into the water, and she'd dive in after it, find it and retrieve it. Sounds sort of normal for a Labrador, but this one went right under water - like holding her breath and everything!

Here's a website that I just found with lots of pictures of dogs at the beach. It's so nice to discover great new places in this city!

No comments: